Monday, September 9, 2013

30 Day Challenge - Day 8 and 9

These seem like related questions so I'm going to answer them in one post.

Favorite Character Played?

This is a tough one. I've played dozens of characters that I enjoyed but there are two that I just can't pick between. So you get not one but two descriptions of someone else's character. I'll try to be brief.

Jason of Dimart was a fighter that I played for nearly three years in an amazing campaign. In the course of his career he won many accolades and eagerly spent his loot on improving his social standing. When he was knighted for services to the crown he spent a fortune on new armor and regalia to fit his new station. When asked to help the crown against the actions of pirates, he bought and outfitted a war cruiser.

While on a diplomatic mission for his King he killed a man who impugned his wife's honor. He embraced the resulting outlawing and dual classed into Thief and eventually made the switch to Druid and became a 1ed. Bard. The only character I've ever played long enough to accomplish that feat.

Aemilie Medani d'Medani AKA Captain Bellamy was a 4ed Warlord modeled after the classic Pirate Queens of 18th century. For nearly a year of sessions everyone in her party was convinced that Bellamy was a male half-elf pirate who had lost his ship to a rival. The look on everyone's face when she was revealed as a female scion of the Eberron House Medani is a memory that still makes me smile to this day.

Favorite Character Not Played?

I'm going to have to depart from D&D for this one. The life-path based character generation system for classic Traveller was a really fun mini-game in own right. After having a couple of characters die during character generation, I finally had a character survive his career rolls and finish with a small free trader. Alas, the campaign itself was never played. I still regret not getting to actually play Traveller.

No comments:

Post a Comment